Tuesday 22 March 2011

My Artist's Webpage


I have created a webpage for my artist to demonstrate how artists and the major record labels manipulate the media spectrum to increase their artist/band's popularity. Each artist is treated, in a way as a product, and by impelmenting use of social networking websites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter they become increasingly marketable product. This is due to the rise of viral marketing campaigns - the more fans an artist has on their social networking page or official website, the more hits on youtube they get, thus leading to more record downloads and sales.


As I allready have a Facebook page, I felt that Facebook would be the most suitable medium in which to create a webpage for my artist, as I could easily navigate it. Here I have print screened examples of the process in which I created the webpage. It is evident that viral marketing schemes and artist popularity on such websites has increased as Facebook now provides an option to create a specific webpage - tailored to the aritst's needs.



As my account allready exists I have created a page for my artist within my existing account.



Here I have edited the personal information section for my artists outlining her personality, interests, acheivements and thanks to her fans to sustain a strong and loyal fan base.



This is the main profile page that fans would see if they became "friends" with the artist on Facebook. Once they have become "friends" they are enabled to navigate the artists site, look at recent photographs, album artwork and various posts and status updates. Fans would also have access to the latest information such as tour dates, cd signings and appearances etc...



Once I added a series of photographs taken during the filming process of our music video, I creates an album named "Album Artwork" which would consist of official artwork.


This is an example of a status update where the artist has notified fans about the availabilty of her debut album "Oh No!" which maximises sales.



As I allready have a Facebook account, I have the option t navigate around the website with my own personal account, or with my artist's account.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Molly-and-The-Diamonds/154246021302891

No comments:

Post a Comment