Sunday 14 November 2010

Initial Treatment Ideas

The soundtrack we would like to use is called "Oh No!" By Marina and The Diamonds. We were inspired by the potential of the lyrics to convey the materialistic desires of the modern world and it's occupation with fame and fortune.

Dont do love, dont do freinds              Tearing pictures of her and boyfreind/pushing friends away -
I'm only after success                           self destruction.
Don't need a relationship
I'll never soften my grip                  Clenching fist or handfull of money

Don't want cash don't want card     Holding money/throwing it in the air/throwing credit cards
Want it fast, want it hard
Don't need money
Don't need fame                              Wearing a crown/taking pictures of herself in close up

I just wanna make a change              Idea of closeups and extreme closeups of the subject taking
I just wanna change                          drugs/repeatedly changing clothes to represent the
                                                          persona she is trying to create for herself.
I just wanna change                      
I just wanna change
I just wanna change
I just wanna change

I know exactly what I want and who I want to be        Looking to the stars/pictures of idols
I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine      Fast edits/montage to create robotic effect on
I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy      Movement
Oh, Oh no! Oh no! Oh no-oh!

One track mind, one track heart
If I fail, I'll fall apart                           Ambition to be perfect
Maybe it is all a test
Cause I feel like I'm the worst
So I always act like I'm the best
If you are not very careful
Your possessions will possess you       Clothing and possessions literally attacking her
TV taught me how to feel
Now real life has no appeal
It has no appeal
It has no appeal
It has no apeal
It has no appeal

Chorus

Chorus repeated

I'm gonna live, Im gonna fly         Coveys the two polar extremes - attitude and outlook on her own life
I'm gonna fail, Im gonna die
I'm gonna live, I'm gonna fly
I'm gonna fail, gonna die, die , die, die       Repetitions of shots/edits to create montage

Chorus

Chorus repeated

No comments:

Post a Comment