Friday 5 November 2010

Music Videos That Inspire Me






"Oh No!" by Marina and The Diamonds has provided me with inspiration due to the variety and vivacity of the frequent cuts and editing. The music video creates a montage of images in a comic book/pop art style. I also like the use of money falling down onto the artist to create imagery and meaning, but also works in conjunction with the lyrics of the song.




I have also gained inspiration from the "Hollywood" music video as it is also orientated with modern day consumerism and compulsive desire for wealth, fame and power which is the narrative I would like to portray through my music video - a young girl trapped in the world of modern media and consumerism, thirsty for hollywood fame and fortune.



"Broken Arrow" has inspired me through the use of lighting and colour. Throughout the video there is the constant idea with dark, representing hurt and the past, versus light which is representative of the present, future or the artist's fragile state.



"Waking up in Vegas" has provided me with inspiration through the light-hearted/humorous narrative, but also through the repetitive close ups of the artists face to convey emotion. I also love the use of costume in this video as it helps to create characterisation and tell separate narratives within the video. In my music video I want to portray this idea of separate narratives through the changing of the artist's costumes, but also to convey the artist's confusion.



I have also been inspired by the use of colour, costume, mis en scene and setting in "California Gurls".

No comments:

Post a Comment